This is the new BMW 5 series due to be launched in 2017, its packed with high-tech and codenamed G30. However, the new feeling of it stops there. You wouldn’t be able to tell much difference with the current 5 Series and this new one, but I guess why would you try to reinvent the wheel.
What is noticeable is full width headlights, reworked grills and its slightly bigger which should make it feel more spacious.
10% reduction in the cars drag, 100kg lighter and features a lot of aluminium, high-strength steels and magnesium.
Interested? Heres your choices:
- 530i 2.0-litre turbo 4-cyl petrol, 249bhp, 258lb ft, 126g/km, 52.3mpg
- 540i 3.0-litre turbo 6-cyl petrol, 335bhp, 332lb ft, 150g/km, 43.5mpg
- 530e 2.0-litre turbo 4-cyl petrol + electric drive, 248bhp, 310lb ft, 46g/km, 141.2mpg
- M550i xDrive 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8, 456bhp, 479lb ft, 204g/km, 31.7mpg
- 520d 2.0-litre turbo 4-cyl diesel, 188bhp, 295lb ft, 108g/km, 68.9mpg
- 520d ED 2.0-litre turbo 4-cyl diesel, 188bhp, 295lb ft, 102g/km, 72.4mpg
- 530d 3.0-litre turbo 6-cyl diesel, 262bhp, 457lb ft, 118g/km of CO2, 62.8mpg
The 0-62mph figures for the new 5-series are as follows:
- 530i 6.2sec
- 540i 5.1sec
- 530e 6.2sec
- M550i xDrive 4.0sec
- 520d 7.7sec
- 520d ED 7.5sec
- 530d 5.7sec